Updated on: 9 December, 2013
You may access certain parts of the Website without subscribing or providing OUP with your details.
As the information on the Website may be incomplete, out of date or inaccurate and may contain technical inaccuracies or typographical errors, we reserve the right to update the Website at our sole discretion. Thus, such information may be changed or updated without notice.
Under the licence to access restricted content on the Website accepted by a Subscriber (which may be you as an individual or an institution1 to which you are affiliated) you are permitted to:
1. search, view, retrieve, and display portions of restricted content;
2. electronically save or print out portions of restricted content where permitted
Under the licence accepted by the Subscriber, you may not:
1. remove or alter the copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear on the Website;
2. systematically make printed or electronic copies of multiple extracts of restricted content for any purpose;
3. display or distribute any restricted content on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web (other than the institution’s secure network, where the Subscriber is an institution);
4. permit anyone to access or use restricted content (other than other users authorised by the institution, where the Subscriber is an institution); and/or
5. share your account or password details with other users.2
6. use any content on the Website whether restricted content or otherwise for any commercial use.
7. attempt to gain access to unauthorised material
If you sign up to receive newsletters or subscribe to our web feed you may only use the material sent to you for non-commercial use. You may not:
1. remove or alter the copyright notices or other means of identification or disclaimers as they appear in the material sent to you;
2. systematically make printed or electronic copies of multiple extracts of the material for any purpose;
3. display or distribute any part of the material on any electronic network, including without limitation the Internet and the World Wide Web;
4. permit anyone to access or use the material; and/or
5. use all or any part of the material for any commercial use.
Intellectual Property Rights
All rights are reserved. No illustration from the Website may be copied, modified, published or broadcast or otherwise distributed.
All other materials on the Website are the copyright of Oxford University Press or are reproduced with permission from other copyright owners. All rights are reserved. All materials on the Website may be retrieved solely for use. No materials may otherwise be copied, modified, published, broadcast or otherwise distributed without our prior written permission, and/or any other names of products or services provided by Oxford University Press and referred to on the Website are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Oxford University Press .
Oxford University Press makes no warranties or representations of any kind concerning the accuracy or suitability of the information contained on the Website for any purpose. All such information is provided ‘as is’ and with specific disclaimer of any warranties of merchantability, fitness for purpose, title and/or non-infringement. Oxford University Press makes no warranties or representations of any kind that the services provided by the Website will be uninterrupted, error-free or that the Website or the server that hosts the Website are free from viruses or other forms of harmful computer code. In no event shall Oxford University Press, its employees or agents be liable for any direct, indirect or consequential damages resulting from the use of the Website. This exclusion and limitation only applies to the extent permitted by law and is without prejudice to any express provisions to the contrary in any written licence or subscription agreement from Oxford University Press in respect of the use of any online service provided via the Website.
This does not affect OUP’s liability for death or personal injury arising from OUP’s negligence, OUP‘s liability for fraudulent misrepresentation and/or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Portions of this site may allow users to post their own material. Materials posted by users do not necessarily reflect the views of Oxford. By posting materials on this site, you represent that you have all necessary rights in and to such materials and that such materials will not infringe any personal or proprietary rights of any third parties, nor will such materials be defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable. Oxford reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to review, edit or delete any material posted by users which Oxford deems defamatory, unlawful, threatening, obscene or otherwise objectionable. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Oxford expressly disclaims any responsibility or liability for any material communicated by third parties through this website.
Links to other web sites are provided by Oxford University Press in good faith and for information only. Oxford University Press disclaims any responsibility for the materials contained in any web site linked to this site.
In addition, a link to a non-OUP website does not mean that OUP endorses or accepts any responsibility for the content, or the use, of such website or the products and/or services offered on such website. It is up to you to take precautions to ensure that whatever you select for your use is free of such items as viruses, worms, trojans and other items of a destructive nature.
While we endeavour to ensure that the Website is normally available 24 hours a day, we shall not be liable if for any reason the Website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond our control.
Global Nature of Websites
You recognise the global nature of the Website and thus, agree to comply with all applicable local laws in your jurisdiction when using the Website.
Information we publish on the Website may contain references or cross-references to our services and/or products offered that are not announced or available in your country. Such references do not imply that we intend to announce such services and/or products in your country.
If you have any concerns about material which appears on the Website, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1300 650 616.
Thank you for visiting the Website.
- For subscriptions to primary education resources, such as Oxford Literacy Assess, an ‘institution’ is defined as a single school site, ie schools with multiple campuses must have a subscription for each campus.
- Schools that have multiple campuses are not permitted to share single-site subscription account and password details of primary education resources, such as Oxford Literacy Assess, with other campuses.